Nobody gives the black girl mob credit for being smart as fuck. They clown but at the end of the day they are really intelligent.
And it’s not subtle at all.
Taystee is a math prodigy in addition to being well-read, Poussey is multilingual, Cindy just knows shit, Suzanne studies Shakespeare, Watson was a good student in addition to being a track star, Vee is basically an evil genius. Piper often learns the most from them; they taught her how to fight and helped translate Pennsatucky’s biblical threat.
The show flat out acknowledges the (academic) intelligence of the black inmates time and time again, but the audience collectively ignores it.
ALL OF THIS
Working after an amazing holiday weekend.
1. Tuscan Lipton
2. Furthest Thing From My Business
3. Started from None of My Business But I Guess I’m Still Here
4. Wu-Tea Forever
5. You Don’t Own It (But That’s None of My Business Though)
6. Best Behavior (This Tea Slap)
7. From Instagram
8. Hold On, It’s None of My Business
9. Connect (To This Truth Tea)
10. The Language You Have Tattooed on You Says Dumbass But That’s None of My Business Though
11. You Have 305 Possible Baby Fathers in My City But That’s None of My Business Though
12. Too Much of Your Business on Social Media But That’s None of My Business Though
13. Your Dude Shaped Like a Pound Cake But This Paris Morton Tea Slap Though
Me on this post- fourth of July Monday.
To say I’m upset by today’s ruling is a gross understatement.